The Essay Rater
Free Application and Essay Evaluation
This is a free offer--for real. If you email us a draft of your current HBS leadership or mistake essay, we will give you an evaluation of its effectiveness, subject matter, tone, impact and also your chances of getting in.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN OFFER FOR APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT ALREADY APPLIED. IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND GOT DINGED OR NOT INTERVIEWED YET, YOU WANT A DING REPORT OF YOUR ENTIRE APP.
Just e-mail us a draft of the leadership or mistake answer on the current 2010 HBS application essay, to wit,
- What have you learned from a mistake? (400-word limit) OR
- Discuss how you have engaged with a community or organization. (400-word limit)
Just paste your draft of the essay [DO NOT ATTACH] to us at email@example.com and we will e-mail you back--usually quite quickly (altho a little slower near deadlines so do this early)--a personalized appraisal that (i) addresses the issues raised in your essay; and (ii) lets you know where you stand in the essay writing process.
To take advantage of the free offer:
- Paste [do not attach!!!] your draft answer of HBS leadership or mistake question into an e-mail and send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the text of the question.
- Include (i) your name, (ii) first choice school (if not HBS),(iii) brief work and education background [in 40 words, name companies, titles, schools, YEAR OF GRADUATION AND GPA --THOSE LAST TWO BEING VERY IMPORTANT AT HBS!!!], (iv) GMAT score, (v) AGE and gender, (vi) have you ever applied before and what outcomes, (vii) and please tell us the search engine or other way you heard about Cambridge Essay Service, (viii) mention any powerful extra curricular activities, in college or recently, and (ix) also real, real important, over the past three years, how many kids from your employer have applied to H/S/W and what were the results. If you don't have exact figures, just give us your best estimates.
That's it, honest. No salesman will call, you will get back some sharp and quick comments about your essay and your chances.
Please paste your essay in to an e-mail, do not attach it as a separate document.
If you'd like to talk to us first, just call (617) 354-2242. No voice mail hell. A live person will answer the phone and talk to you about what business school you should apply to, what strategy to use, and what your chances of admission are. But an even better way is to send us an email first which outlines: age, work history, test scores, gender, application history [have you ever applied, what happened], any powerful extras, and what schools you are thinking about, you can also attach a resume.
HONEST DISCLOSURE: WE ARE VERY TALKY FROM MARCH TO EARLY JULY AND LESS SO AS DEADLINES APPROACH. SO IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A RELAXING CONVERSATION, TRY CALLING BEFORE EARLY JULY.
If you have a draft essay, you can read it over the phone and get immediate feed-back. For free. How come? We like to talk to business school candidates, exchange information, and give you an honest appraisal of your chances for admission to a top business school.